March 6, 2016

Graduate Student Association
Meeting Minutes
March 6, 2016
2:00

The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Danielle Zanotti.
A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes from the previous meeting. The motion passed.

Organization Allocations
Rob Dicken, GSA Treasurer, informed the group of the different organizations applying for money. The Organization allocations committee met previous to the meeting and Rob gave their suggested allocation to GSA in a PowerPoint presentation. All recommendations were approved by the senators.

Rob then explained to the senators the three different funding levels that the travel grant committee decided on. Tier one received $330.00. Tier two received $300.00. Tier three received $270.00. All recommendations for allocations were approved by the senators. The tiers were as follows:
Tier one
-Opeoluwa Oyewole, passed
-Ahlam Alarbi
-Lei Zhang
-Julia Evans
-Leah Techle
-Marco Galicia
-Arpan Pal
-Bradley Reynolds (only requested 256.52)

Tier two, $300
-Michael Payne
-Cassie Sturycz
-Ashley Schoppe
-Kent Emerson
-Natalie Hellman
-Matthew Mol
-Ashley Miller
-Kim Ivey

Tier three, $270
-John Phillips
-Lily Lau
-Dolores Navarro
-Anass Nassef
-Rose Fonseca
-Carlos Acosta-Ponce
-Chris Milane
-Ryan Slesinger (only requested $185)
The ENS luncheon will be on April 18. Jesse volunteered to help from 11-11:30. Mark volunteered to help from 12-12:30. H. Mannucci volunteered to help starting at 12:30. John Blackwell volunteered to help clean up after the event.

Announcements
Students need to RSVP to Nadia for the Grad Appreciation Dinner that will be on Wednesday.

The next meeting is on April 10 at 2 pm and the bystander training is right after.

The Research Colloquium is April 4-8

Adjournment
Lea made a motion to adjourn the meeting and the motion was seconded by Emily S. The motion passed.

Advertisements