Graduate Student Association
January 24, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 2:07 p.m. by Danielle Zanotti.
Bethany made a motion to approve the minutes and Lea seconded the motion. The motion passed.
- President- Cassie thanked star senators and will email the remaining star senators to pick up gift cards.
- Vice-President- The March meeting will be moved to the 6th. The spring family picnic will be before the meeting and will kick off Graduation Appreciation Week.
- Treasurer- Organization allocations are due by the 29th of this month and will be voted on at the February 21th meeting. Travel applications are due February 12th and will be voted on at the March meeting. We will need volunteers for both committees. The following people have volunteered for the Org allocations committee: H. Mannucci, Lily, Natalie, Emily S., and Daniel. The following people have volunteered for the travel grants committee: Lily, Katie, Natalie, Jesse, and Daniel.
- Event Coordinator- The business dinner will be on February 4. The following people volunteered: Chris, Emily S., Alex, Holly, Lily, and Vaidheeshwar. We also need volunteers to help plan Grad Appreciation Week. The following have volunteered: Emily S. Chris, Daniel, Natalie, Bethany, Katie, Emily W.
- Secretary- Afternoon Pick Me Up will now be on Tuesdays from 3-4. Breakfast hours will be on Friday from 9-10 am.
- Advisor- Nadia announced that the submission deadline for the Colloquium is February 15.
Danielle Z. informed the group that the volunteer opportunities this semester would be announced at the February meeting.
- The next senate meeting will be on February 21st at 2:00 p.m. Org allocation voting!
- The business dinner will be on February 4th at 5:00 p.m.
Lily made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Holly seconded the motion and it passed.